Issue: Fatal Error when booting

Issue: Fatal Error when booting

Postby kinetik » 21. Jun 2017, 16:24

I've hit a brick wall 2nd lesson, when we are supposed to run our OS.iso in VM.

I've checked my code more than 10 times, and unless I'm blind, mistake isn't in that bush.

Only thing that differs a bit from the tutorial is that I am running Ubuntu16.04.2, and thus I couldn't install grub-legacy, but an alternative package grub-core -- was suggested instead of grub-legacy.

In case that anyone chooses to try and help me, this is Gdrive link my folder: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing
kinetik

by Advertising » 21. Jun 2017, 16:24

Advertising

Re: Issue: Fatal Error when booting

Postby kinetik » 21. Jun 2017, 16:49

After consulting with some devs on stackoverflow, I came to a conclusion that grub-mkrescue is what causes the issue - as I thought.

Now, I'm wondering, can anyone upload their final mykernel.iso, or just iso/boot/grub & iso/efi.img & iso/boot & iso/System ?

Can't even describe how grateful would I be, if so! :D :mrgreen:
kinetik

Postby Mixony » 22. Jun 2017, 17:33

https://www.dropbox.com/s/d9zpti78d61st ... l.iso?dl=0
This is my iso image from episode 2. Hope it helps.
Mixony

Postby SKNIRBHAY » 15. Jul 2017, 04:20

Hello, I am getting an error after this tutorial 2. I am unable to run the .iso file on virtual box due to unknown reasons. This is the message which I get: "A critical error has occurred while running the virtual machine and the machine execution has been stopped." I have checked my code 10 times and I am sure that I have not made any mistake, except one thing I am unable to install grub-legacy on my system because I am using Ubuntu 14.04. Please let know if there is a solution to this problem. Thanks in Advance.
SKNIRBHAY

Postby DEFENDORe » 10. Jan 2018, 18:08

Just came across this as well and it had me stumped for a bit. My solution was to install the "grub-pc-bin" package.
DEFENDORe