multiple Interrupts on screen

multiple Interrupts on screen

Postby Marty Geist » 8. Apr 2017, 12:57

Hi All;

I got the INTERRUPT message to print Once, And after making the changes to the Interrupts.cpp file, (In Part 6) I still don't get the Multiple Interrupt, only a Single Interrupt message..

THANK YOU Marty
Marty Geist

by Advertising » 8. Apr 2017, 12:57

Advertising

Re: multiple Interrupts on screen

Postby algorithman » 10. Apr 2017, 15:17

Sounds like you don't acknowledge the interrupt properly.
See InterruptManager::DoHandleInterrupt in https://github.com/AlgorithMan-de/wyoos ... fae5e20dab
algorithman
Administrator

Postby algorithman » 10. Apr 2017, 15:22

In the end, it's just two outb assembler commands with the corresponding port number and value you send there.
Have you considered that the programmable interrupt controllers are slow ports and 8 bit? Have you given them the correct port numbers and remapped the hardware interrupt numbers?
algorithman
Administrator

Postby Marty Geist » 11. Apr 2017, 00:28

Hi All;

Algorithman, Thank You for the above suggestions..

On Your post of April 10 , 16.17 the Link doesn't seem to Work, or go anywhere ..

While trying to get thing to Work, I tried to use what You had in Your Listings, even though they were different than Your Videos and updating the interrupt files to the newer versions..

Now It doesn't work at all.. So I went back to Part 5 and after saving the updated files to a different name, I went back to what You had in Part 5, and changed it all back to as near as I can tell what is in Your Videos and now it shows a different Error..

So, until I get that fixed, then I can return to the Multiple Interrupts..

It now says, after doing a make clean and make run, or a make kernel.bin..

interrupts.cpp: In constructor 'InterruptManager::InterruptManager(GlobalDescriptorTable*)':
interrupts.cpp:33:3 error 'InterruptManager' does not have any field named 'picMasterCommand'
: picmasterCommand(0x20),
etc.,..

So what is causing this problem ?? So, I can get back to the Real Issue of this post..

THANK YOU Marty
Marty Geist

Postby algorithman » 11. Apr 2017, 08:30

The forum apparently shortens the display of the URL, but the links href is valid - so you have to click it and not select & copy it
The error message
Code: Select all
interrupts.cpp: In constructor 'InterruptManager::InterruptManager(GlobalDescriptorTable*)':
interrupts.cpp:33:3 error 'InterruptManager' does not have any field named 'picMasterCommand'
: picmasterCommand(0x20),

looks like you have a problem with the casing of the "M" in "master" (c++ is case sensitive).
algorithman
Administrator

Postby Marty Geist » 11. Apr 2017, 12:08

Hi All;

Algorithman, I Mis-copied when I read from one machine and copied to this one, the M in Master is a Capital letter,

it shows this same kind of error for all four Lines, both picMaster and picSlave and both Command and Data sections..

Also further down it shows a problem with the other pic lines,

interrupts.cpp :54:3 error: 'picMasterCommand' was not declared in this scope
picMasterCommand.Write(0x11):

In all cases the upward carrot is pointing at the small letter 'p' in pic if that is of any Help..

I also got the Link to work by Double clicking on it, Thanks..

I FOUND the Problem, IN trying to make things like they were in Your Video, I had commented out the Lines

Port8BitSlow picMasterCommand;

and the other three similar lines, as in Your video I thought You hadn't included them at this point..

It now shows another problem, which I think is a problem sorting out which sections are starting with a Capital and which are not in the code lines that involve codeSegmentSelector and CodeSegmentSelector..

I FOUND that Problem now as well..
In Your Video Part 5 in the line You Originally had

uint16_t CodeSegment = gdt->codeSegmentSelector(); and later it got changed to

uint16_t CodeSegment = gdt->CodeSegmentSelector(); Which I did not catch in the Video, so I am back to having Single Interrupts !!! Hooray !!

THANK YOU Marty
Last edited by Marty Geist on 12. Apr 2017, 00:20, edited 1 time in total.
Marty Geist

Postby Marty Geist » 11. Apr 2017, 13:52

Hi All;

Algorithman, Now I can try to Re-implement Multiple Interrupts..

"" Have you given them the correct port numbers and remapped the hardware interrupt numbers? ""

I will check into this, But, I am not sure about Your Remapping the Hardware numbers reference..
But, I will follow the rest of part 5 and the first part of part 6 on Your Videos..

THANK YOU and Keep up the good Work !!

After watching the first Part of Part 6 and Re-typing in the Code, I am Glad to Announce..

I HAVE MULTIPLE INTERRUPTS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THANK YOU Marty
Marty Geist

Postby algorithman » 13. Apr 2017, 12:21

Can you pinpoint what the problem was?
algorithman
Administrator

Postby Marty Geist » 13. Apr 2017, 12:52

Hi All;

Algorithman, "" Can you pinpoint what the problem was? ""

No, Since I re-typed the much of whole thing..

I do have both files, I can try to take a look and see if I see a difference between the two files.. And let You know If I see anything..

Thank You for asking..

OK, here is what I did.. I made two copies of the Interrupt.cpp and the interrupt.h files and for the ports files..
I then in the original copy, took out ALL of the commented parts of the file, so I was left with a much smaller file..
I then went back to Video part 5 on the Interrupts and made all of the necessary typing changes so that I had Single Interrupts again..
Once I had that working, I then did the changes for Multiple interrupts (I think from Video Part 6..)

I took a look at both files, and see nothing, except for alot more lines of code and many of which were commented out and many that were not commented out, but still not in the original program..

THANK YOU Marty
Marty Geist